Author HD Smith brings you the second installment in her Devil's Assistant series:
Top 10 Things Readers Should Know About the Fourth Realm:
- The Fourth Realm is also known as Fallen. The people that were once descendants are now known as the fallen. Unlike the other realms, which have had many names over time, but are generally referred to as Paradise, Purgatory, and Hell; Fallen’s original name has been lost to time.
- Claire learns of the Fourth Realm in book 1 when Mab tells Mace about her sister Jayne—Mab doesn’t let him remember, but Mab has no clue Claire has heard the truth and knows the Fourth Realm is not a myth!
- There is a prophecy that states “the girl” will set right what was lost by the ancients—the big three think Claire is “the girl”, but she’s about to find out that she’s not the only contender for the Fallen Queen’s throne.
- The Fourth Realm was destroyed a millennia ago—by the rulers of the other realms. Most alive now believe it to be a myth, a fairy-tale told to scare children.
- Jayne, the previous Fall Queen and ruler of the Fourth Realm, was killed by her siblings because she tried to take over and control all the realms.
- It’s Jayne’s fault the fallen realm was destroyed and that time isn’t always consistent when traveling between worlds.
- Chimera are descended from the Fourth Realm.
- Traveling to any realm is safest through Underworld.
- Never turn your back on a two-headed tiger … this is just good advice in general.
- In book 2, Claire is tied to all the realms by magic that she can barely control. Will she become the greatest danger of all—the World Killer—or just another notch in the next contender’s belt?
The Devil’s Assistant Series
Darkly delicious—relentless—and wickedly good …
the Devil’s Assistant is back.
Last spring Claire’s seemingly normal—if not totally screwed up—life was tossed on its head. For five years she’d been one of the damned—a human that knows the truth about the otherworldly among us. She’d worked for The Boss—the Demon King himself—as his administrative assistant, handling everything from early retirements, to Maintenance’s incessant requests for dental.
No one gets dental.
Then she walked into Purgatory—totally not her fault—went back in time, and awakened powers she never knew existed. Now Claire has a prophecy hanging over her head, a diamond ring hidden in her sock drawer, and the blood of a long dead royal running through her veins.
And it’s only going to get worse.
Her vow to live free or die takes a serious hit when she’s forced back under The Boss’s protection. Of course, there’s no protection from fate, or the Bounty Hunter sent to deliver her to Purgatory. And as if being “the girl” in the prophecy wasn’t enough, Claire soon discovers there are three other contenders for her role—two of whom want her dead.
Follow more of Claire’s adventures in Dark Awakened, the second installment of the Devil’s Assistant Series, to find out if she’s lucky enough to escape with her life, or if she’s just the first notch on the next contender’s belt.
Reviews for The Devil’s Assistant Series
Dark Hope is a serious thrill ride type of story ~Fang Freakin' Tastic Reviews
I fell absolutely head over heels in love with this book! It truly was dark & delicious. Mayhem, death, Demons, Pagan's, Druids and a kickass heroine!
~ Taking It One Book at a Time
I thoroughly enjoyed this story, very unpredictable and difficult to anticipate what happens next, which is always a good thing. Claire is an intriguing character, everything she thought she knew is not quite true …I cannot wait for the next book in series, eager to figure out what is going to happen to Claire. ~ Musings From An Addicted Reader
I love when authors can create something that takes me on a wild ride I’ve never been before. ~ Book Lovin' Mamas
About the Author:
HD Smith has been writing for over ten years. She is a software developer by day, working for an awesome cruise line in Celebration, FL.
HD grew up in South Carolina, but has called the Sunshine State home since 1997.
She has Computer Science degrees from Clemson University (BS) and Florida Institute of Technology (MS). Her other hobbies include painting and screen printing. She enjoys creating t- shirts inspired by the places in her books.
For more information, visit HD’s
For more information, visit HD’s
5 eBook copy sets of book 1 and 2
1 prize pack containing $75 Amazon Gift Card and eBooks of Dark Hope and Dark Awakened